115 Private Acres
Private River Access
Outdoor Fire Pits
The Double T River Ranch offers 115 acres of beautiful private Montana wilderness
– all for the exclusive use of you and your group.
The ranch features one mile of prime Shields River frontage, dedicated concierge services, fabulous beds for up to twenty-five guests and a gorgeous restored historic barn. Whether you bring your friends or family, your fishing buddies or your corporate team, you and your guests will enjoy luxurious accommodations, friendly, warm service and a relaxed, comfortable environment without the distraction of other guests.
*Sorry, we can not accommodate weddings.
History of the ranch & the area
- Shields River named in 1806 for John Shields who was the blacksmith on the Lewis and Clark expedition.
- Clyde Park was named for a Clydesdale stallion imported to a ranch in 1887.
- Ed and Bernice Hium bought the ranch from the Lutheran Church in the late 20’s. The original 9 room farmhouse burned down on an East Sunday.
- Bernice was born in 1902 in North Dakota. She met a young farmer named Ed Hium. He needed a cook and housekeeper. They married in 1920. They rented farms until they purchased the current Double T Rive Ranch sometime in the late 1920’s. They lived there until they quit ranching in 1972.
- In 1920 there were 352 residents of Cylde Park as of the 2015 census there were 309.
- The big red grain elevators were built on the Northern Pacific Railway line between 1915-1919 to store the valley’s bounty until it could be shipped to market.
- The center of activity at the ranch today is the barn, believed built between 1895-1900 from a Sears and Roebuck’s mail order kit delivered by train on the rail line.
The centerpiece of the Double T River Ranch, a gorgeous lovingly restored original 1900s barn with a rustic exterior and a state-of-the-art, sophisticated interior.
The Barn is designed to provide an ideal gathering place/dining area/game room/meeting room/watering hole for you and your group. It’s likely where you’ll spend most of your time—you really never need to go outside:
- Fully-loaded commercial kitchen
- Large dining area
- 58-inch HD television with satellite and Wii entertainment gaming system
- Pool table, ping pong, shuffleboard
- Arcade game player
- Wireless internet
- Terrace and patio (we call it the party-o)
- Gas BBQ
FROM THE GUESTBOOK:
I have stayed at some of the finest resorts in the world. This is the best of the best. ‘World Class’!
Look Forward to Laid Back…